Need a knowledge base like this for your business?
New Domain & Website Hosting
By Kim Dixon, MyPhotoApp Training Guru
Created: January 17, 2017, 7:17 pm UTC Last updated: February 13, 2019, 12:44 pm UTC
By default the Apps you create will contain the MyPhotoApp URL prefix but you can easily White label the apps your create with MyPhotApps. All you need to do is secure a new domain URL and set up a new MyPhotoApp brand and a custom URL using the domain. MyPhotoApp can then host your websites by creating an index app and your apps in your new white labeled brand. This is great for branding your new site or creating mini niche web sites that can be the start of your marketing sales funnel or for a specific domain that covers a particular aspect of your business to host your apps. It has never been easier to get a vanity URL up and running. Here are the steps:
1. Go to your domain provider and purchase your new domain. I use GoDaddy.com. I will use the domain, xxx.com in my example below.
2. Once you purchase the domain, you ned to go to the domain settings and edit your DNS Zone file and change the @ record so it points to the MyPhotoApp server by entering 126.96.36.199 . Here is an example of what it should look like. This screen shot is from GoDaddy. It seems like all Domain providers present the information a little bit differently. If this is a brand new domain and you don't have a @ record, you may need to park your domain first.
Once you have saved this, your website (http://xxx.com) should be pointing to the MyPhotoApp server.
If you also want http://www.xxx.com to work, you will also need to setup a cname record like this:
3. Go to the MyPhotoApp builder, http://builder.mp-app.com, and login. Click on the setup tab and then the Add New Brand tab to create a new brand to host your website. You can give it any name that makes sense to you, but usually people select their domain name as the MyPhotApp Brand name will not be included in your App URLs. Since my website is http://xxx.com, I will enter xxx.
4. Next select you new brand in the brand drop down:
5. Select the setup tab and then the Custom URL tab. Ignore Step 1, as you have already done this, and go to Step 2, enter the complete URL for your new brand as shown below without the http:// element and then click the "verify and save custom URL" in step 3.
If you get an error message that said it wasn't setup correctly, please wait up to 30 minutes and try again. It takes a while for the new Domain Name to propagate across the internet after you update the DNS settings.
6. To set up your website go to the builder tab and create an app called index this is the default app for your brand so when people enter http://xxx.com the index app will be displayed. It's also a good idea to make your index apppublic so it will be discoverable on the internet, to do so right click on the index app and then click make app index public from the menu list.
once you have made the app public republish it, from now on it will appear with an eye symbol next to it in the app navigator.
When you create an app by any other name, like aaa, the URL for that app will now be custom branded to your URL http://xxx.com/aaa .
7. If you have also setup a www record, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that your www.xxx.com record for MyPhotoApp be activated. You might also want to request that your new brand be set as your default brand and be moved to the top of your brand list.